[Mapserver-users] help needed

Siki Zoltan siki at bme-geod.agt.bme.hu
Mon Oct 6 13:05:56 EDT 2003

Hi Ronny,

Did you set the SHAPEPATH variable at the begining of the map file?
e.g.
NAME SAMPLE
SIZE ...
STATUS ...
UNITS ...
SHAPEPATH <the absolute path to your shape files>

If you don't set the SHAPEPATH, you must give the absoute path + shape
name in the DATA for the layer. I haven't try it :(

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, ronny wrote:

> am trying to draw a map but am getting:
>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw
> layer named 'Nakuru_region'.
>
> i sincerely don't  know what that means since am very
> new to maps drawing and mapserver!
>
> the layer is as follows:
>
> LAYER
>  NAME Nakuru_region
>   TYPE POINT
>   STATUS DEFAULT
>   DATA nakuru_region
>
>   CLASSITEM 'cty_name'
>   CLASS
>     EXPRESSION 'Nakuru'
>     OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
>     COLOR 225 225 185
>   END
>   CLASS # every other towns in the region
>     EXPRESSION /./
>     OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
>     COLOR 255 255 255
>   END
>   METADATA
>     WMS_TITLE "Nakuru Towns"
>     WMS_ABSTRACT "Nakuru Region shapfile."
>     WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
>  END
> END
>
> am on redhat linux 8.0
> mapserver 4.0
>
> =====
> ronny

cheers
--
Zoltan Siki

Tel:+36 1 463 1146  +36 70 3199092  Fax:+36 1 463 3209
Mail: siki at agt.bme.hu
Assistant professor at                     egyetemi adjunktus
Department of Geodesy and Surveying        Altalanos es Felsogeodezia tanszek
Budapest University of Technology Hungary  Budapesti Muszaki Gazd. Tud. Egyetem