[Mapserver-users] mapserv SDE 8.3 interface

Pryor, Clayton J CJPRYOR at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 6 12:16:18 EDT 2003

I am putting together a mapserver prototype for a current application that I
implemented in ArcIMS.  I have searched the web and the MapServer email list
archives for help with this problem to no avail.

I am trying to get mapserver up and running with an ArcSDE interface.  I
have been able to compile mapserver with SDE libraries but when I try to run
mapserv from the command line or the web server I get the following message:

./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries:  libsde83.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory.

When I execute ldd ./mapserv I get the following ArcSDE library related
messages:

libsde83.so => not found
libpe83.so => not found
libssg83.so => not found

I am running all of this on Linux RedHat 9 on an IBM Thinkpad model A31.

FYI, here are my configuration options for mapserv:

./configure --with-sde=/usr/local/arcsde/sdeexe83 --with-sde-version=83
--with-sde=/usr/local --with-gd=/usr/local --with-php=/usr/local/php-4.3.3
--with-proj=/usr/local

One thing I have not done is set up an ArcSDE connection to the database on
the prototype machine.  I will be looking into that next.  Could that be the
problem?

I am posting this message now in case I am missing something other than an
ArcSDE connection to the database.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Clay

   Clayton J. Pryor	phone	(505) 845-3557
   Sandia National Laboratories
   Critical Infrastructure Surety 	fax	(505) 844-9641
   PO Box 5800 MS 0451
   Albuquerque NM 87185-0451	email	cjpryor at sandia.gov