[Mapserver-users] Include mapserver in PHP web application

Sebastian Albrecht api at justapi.de
Tue Oct 7 06:38:42 EDT 2003

Hello,

first of all many thanks for your hundreds of mailings in the archiv.
Those helped me a lot installing a mapserver and developing a web
interface for my project.

At the moment I use the mapserver as a cgi-bin. Required features for
my project are a PHP user/login management and displaying dynamic data
(lat/lon points with other data attributes).

I know this all, especially the last part can be done using mapscript.
I already used it to create my dynamic point shapefile for
mapserver.

But I don't like to invent the wheel once again and develop a whole
mapserver application which fits for my layers in PHP/Mapscript,
although the .map-file/cgi-bin solution works great for now.

I do only have a few weeks experience in mapserver and therefor I
would like to ask you how you would include the mapserver in PHP?
Or are there already solutions which parse map-files so you don't have
to describe every single layer in your PHP Mapscript?

Regards,
Sebastian Albrecht