[Mapserver-users] Joining geospatial data to attribute data a s basis for layer defi nition

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 9 12:44:26 EDT 2003

Pryor, Clayton J wrote:

> However, I would still like to know if there are any MapServer options out
> there for dynamically joining geospatial data to non-geospatial data to use
> as the basis for a layer where the non-geospatial data is used to render the
> geospatial data with different colors.
>
> Any other ideas out there?

This may not be the most efficient way to do things depending on the
data sources you use, but yOGR can be used to create a dynamic join on
two OGR data sources for use as a layer in MapServer.

See example 4 (Directory of Shapefiles using SQL JOIN) in the OGR HOWTO:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/ogr-howto.html
and the OGR SQL docs at:  http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/ogr_sql.html

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca