[Mapserver-users] PDF How to for Perl Mapscript?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Oct 10 13:54:25 EDT 2003

The stuff in the WIKI for PHP is directly applicable to Perl. You can
see an example
I wrote in Perl at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/landview/perl/lvprint.pl

One other option that should work is to capitalize on the OUTPUTFORMAT
option.
Then when you save an image to a file a PDF file is written. That
*should* work from
any MapScript version but I've not tried it myself.

Steve

>>> "Lowell Filak" <lfilak at medinaco.org> 10/10/2003 12:04:07 PM >>>
To create PDF's there are two basic options:
1) "Build true vector pdf's using the shp2pdf program" - SL.
2) "Use pdflib in conjunction with MapServer raster output to build a
PDF" -SL.

For #1 a "system" call could be used.
For #2 Perl has the following interface to pdflib -
http://search.cpan.org/~msergeant/PDFLib-0.12/PDFLib.pm

If choosing PHP I believe there is a Howto located in the wiki.

HTH
Lowell

The following message was sent by "Stephen Clark"
<stephen.clark at focus.ca> on Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:32:48 -0700.