[Mapserver-users] need help in creating a mapfile

Murat Işık muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Tue Oct 14 03:11:13 EDT 2003

Hello,
I am newbei about mapserver, thus having some problems. I have been given
some shp, shx and dbf files to work with. I have setup mapserver 3.6.0 and
demo 3.5 through rpms and the two work perfectly. But I cannot use the files
given to me. I am trying to edit the demo.map file to suit the new map
files. Just renaming the layers to match the layers of the new map file and
placing the mapfiles in the data folder do not work. It may sound like a
stupid problem to you but I am having a hard time. I have read the how-to
pages in the official mapserver website but could not understand much.
Please help me:)
Thanks..

 Murat Isik