[Mapserver-users] setExpression difficulty

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Wed Oct 15 09:20:26 EDT 2003

If you create a static mapfile, for testing purposes, using that
expression do you get the correct result or does it still appear that
the expression is not set?
Lowell

The following message was sent by Nick Petersen-Bergeron
<bergeron at zedxinc.com> on Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:13:52 -0400.

> Yup.  It gets rid of the error, but I think it doesn't actually set the
> expression.
>
> Nick
>
> At 09:02 AM 10/15/2003 -0400, Lowell Filak wrote:
> >Have you already tried '$tempClass->setExpression("\"$key\"");' ?
> >Lowell
> >
> >The following message was sent by Nick Petersen-Bergeron
> ><bergeron at zedxinc.com> on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:16:06 -0400.
> >
> > > I'm trying to dynamically create classes in a layer using Perl
> >mapscript 3.6.
> > >
> > > Here's my code:
> > >
> > > foreach $key (sort keys %colors) {
> > >                  my $tempClass = new classObj($soilLayer);
> > >                  $tempClass->setExpression("$key");
> > >                  $tempClass->{name} = $key;
> > >                  $tempClass->{size}=5;
> > >                  my $r = $colors{$key}{'R'};my $g =
$colors{$key}{'G'};my
> > > $b = $colors{$key}{'B'};
> > >
> > >                  my $rgb = 0;
> > >                  foreach $clr ($r,$g,$b) {
> > >                          $rgb <<=8;
> > >                          $rgb += $clr;
> > >                  }
> > >                  warn "$rgb\n";
> > >                  $tempClass->{color} = $rgb;
> > >          }
> > >
> > > $key is essentially the datum that I am looking to assign the
different
> > > shapes to different classes by.  It is set up as the classitem in the
> > > layer.  Now, the problem is that when I try and use setExpression,
I get