[Mapserver-users] Modify Shape-Files using browser

Vladimir Guzmán vguzman at maintask.com
Thu Oct 16 11:47:47 EDT 2003

Roman Meier wrote:

>Hi list
>
>I searched the archives and I found many different ideas how to modify my
>shape-files using an internet-browser. I'm very interested in that and I'm
>looking for examples on the net.
>I only found one example on the net doing it pretty well. It's the one at
>www.main-task.com/sig that works pretty well.
>I'm looking for another example like this...
>
>Thanks
>Roman

Hello, Roman.
We developed that application using php-mapscript.
Basically we do the following:
1. Define a .map file with all the relevant shapefiles needed.
2. Save non-geographic information in an external database (mySQL in
this case)
3. When the information changes, we re-create the shape on-the-fly.
4. Refresh the map.

If you need more details, feel free to contact me.

--
Vladimir Ilich Guzmán R.