[Mapserver-users] Help to configure Itasca application

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Fri Oct 17 11:49:54 EDT 2003

Mapserver (the GD library really) no longer supports gif files. Only
png. So you need to convert symbols/ctyhwy.gif to ctyhwy.png (you
probably have convert on your system).  Then you need to find your
symbol set file (symbols.sym) and change any reference to ctyhwy.gif to
ctyhwy.png.  Sorry I'm not sure of the exact itasca demo setup for where
to find these various files.