[Mapserver-users] Roads displaying street directionality

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 21 10:57:42 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I know we have done a lot of work to support truetype font symbols
for line drawing styles, but this is not intuitive.

For example, I want to show road segment directionality. I suppose I
create a symbol with '-->' and '<--'  out of truetype characters but
I have a lot of different road styles and widths that I use like:

this one is like a railroad symbol, but I probably need three classes
to cover from-to direction, to-from direction and the two-way street.

-------->--------->--------->-------

So would this be just a line with an overlayed dashed line using a
truetype symbol?

or using casement styles like:

And then this is just a thick line with an overlayed dashed line
using a truetype symbol?

Has anyone else done this before? How did you do it?

Does anyone have a library of line styles using truetype symbols that
they would like to share on the wiki? I would be happy to add them to
the wiki.

-Steve