[Mapserver-users] Roads displaying street directionality

Stepan Kafka stepan.kafka at centrum.cz
Wed Oct 22 02:42:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

the truetype line symbols have currently these options:

GAP [int]
	Given in pixels. This defines a distance between symbols for TrueType
lines. If set negative, the symbol is draw in the direction "as digitized".
If positive, the symbols are rotated to be cartographicaly properly oriented
(not bottom up)

POSITION [CC|UR|UL|UC|LR|LL|LC] Symbol position.
CC - on the line (default)
UC - above the line in regard of line direction (out of clockwise oriented
polygons)
LC - below the line in regard of line direction (inside clockwise oriented
polygons)
UR, UL, LR, LL - always above/below line regardless the line direction

Examples:

#this may used for arrows in the street direction
SYMBOL
  NAME "arrow"
  TYPE truetype
  FONT arial
  CHARACTER "->"
  GAP -25
END

#this may used for bicycle paths symbols
SYMBOL
  NAME "bicycle"
  TYPE truetype
  FONT arial
  CHARACTER "oo"
  POSITION UL
  GAP 20
END

It requires some experimenting with these parameters. It would be nice if
somebody translates it to human readable form :) and add it to wiki and
documentation.

Stepan Kafka
Help Service Remote Sensing
tel: +420-327514118