[Mapserver-users] classification question

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 22 05:25:03 EDT 2003

Hi list,

is it possible to perform the following classification in Mapserver?

I have an attribute table for polygons like this (for each zone the
percentage is given):

polygon zone1 zone2 zone3 zone4 .. zoneN
1       60    20    20    0
2       20    60    10    10
3       40    40    20    0

zone1: blue
zone2: red
zone3: green
zone4: yellow

In this situation I would want each polygon to have the color of the zone
with the highest percentage, if there is one zone that has a percentage >=
60%.

If none of the zones have a percentage >= 60%, the polygon will be
depicted with one color, and the other (second dominant zone) color as the
color for pattern hatching.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Best regards,
Bart