[Mapserver-users] varying detail maps

niklas wörmann nwoe at privat.utfors.se
Thu Oct 23 14:47:12 EDT 2003

Hi!
I am working on a mapserver driven flash application.
it is supposed to be able to work in two different modes,
one Hi bandwidth mode where the requested maps are rendered "interactively"
on the server and sent back as jpg images.
and one Low bandwidth mode where i am planning on using one prerendered
flash (swf) file as a general good enough map.
once downloaded it sits in the browser cache and can be called upon when
needed.
i would like to have the flash map more detailed in some areas, and less in
others though. How would i go about setting up such a thing?

we are using adc world map as our datasource, and and i suppose i need to
somehow, filter the data for certain areas. would it even be possible to set
up some kind of condition/criteria in the map file for this?

tia
niklas woermann
alvsjoe
sweden