[Mapserver-users] Mapping Given GeoCoords with specific zoom

Brian Cunningham BRC at capindex.com
Fri Oct 24 09:41:40 EDT 2003

Hello-

I am new to PHP/MapScript so please bear with me.  What Im asking
mapserver to do seems easy enough. I have MapServer4 running on IIS with
the gmap project working great!  However, all I want to do is create a
static map by passing the mapserver a Lat/Long, create a point at that
given coordinate and zoom out from that location about 6 miles.

I have tried giving the extent of my layer, creating a point object by
translating the Longs/Lats into X/Ypixels, then setting a zoomfactor.
Is this the right way to go about it?  If not can someone please point
me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

-Brian