[Mapserver-users] On-the-fly generated picklists in query-forms

Roman Meier mapserver at gismap.ch
Fri Oct 24 12:53:08 EDT 2003

Hi list

A bit off topic maybe...

I would like to implement an unconventional picklist in my queries. Using a
form, the user should have the possibility to select the searchstring out of
a picklist. The picklist is generated on-the-fly(!). The function searches
the table (postgis, mysql or dbf) for all items, that have been entered
before...

- Did somebody do something like this before?
- How can I implement this using php/mapscript and postgis?
- Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Roman