[Mapserver-users] Switching tiff images as user zooms in or out

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Oct 24 17:14:24 EDT 2003

Just setup each image as a layer and use MINSCALE/MAXSCALE values to
turn things
on and off appropriately. Here's an example:

LAYER
    NAME landsat_810m
    GROUP landsat
    STATUS OFF
    DATA /r01/data/images/landsat/mosaic_geotif/state_810m.tif
    TYPE RASTER
    OFFSITE 0
    MINSCALE 2000000
  END # landsat thematic mapper mosaic

  LAYER
    NAME landsat_270m
    GROUP landsat
    STATUS OFF
    DATA /r01/data/images/landsat/mosaic_geotif/state_270m.tif
    TYPE RASTER
    OFFSITE 0
    MAXSCALE 2000000
    MINSCALE 750000
  END # landsat thematic mapper mosaic

  LAYER
    NAME landsat_90m
    GROUP landsat
    STATUS OFF
    DATA /r01/data/images/landsat/mosaic_geotif/state_90m.tif
    TYPE RASTER
    OFFSITE 0
    MAXSCALE 750000
    MINSCALE 250000
  END # landsat thematic mapper mosaic

  LAYER
    NAME landsat_30m
    GROUP landsat
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE RASTER
    OFFSITE 0
    MAXSCALE 250000
    TILEINDEX /r01/data/images/landsat/mosaic_geotif/mosaic
  END # landsat thematic mapper mosaic

Steve

>>> "Palanisamy, Giri" <palanisamyg at ornl.gov> 10/24/2003 9:08:39 AM

Hi Group,

I would like to use different resolution images (tiffs) in my
mapserver
application. For example, for global scale I need to use a 50km
resolution image and as the user zoom in I need to use one of the 8 km
resolution images specific to that area, and if the user further zooms
in, I need to use one of 1 km resolution images. Do I need to use a
TileIndexing/SHPTREE for this? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot

Giri