[Mapserver-users] Use of qstring in CGI itemquerymap

Martin, Daniel A Daniel.A.Martin at erac.com
Fri Oct 24 17:28:44 EDT 2003

Some more background.  I'm using the Windows 4.0 binaries from the UMN site.

The qlayer is a MapInfo TAB file through OGR.

Under 3.6, I used this:
FILTER /^%value%/
on the Layer object.

How do I accomplish the query in qstring?  I must be missing something simple, because I'm getting back the error:
msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

As for the documentation, it merely tells a Windows user like myself to search "man 7 regex".  I've read "man 7 regex" a dozen times.  I've read every regex tutorial I could find on the web.  I consider myself a somewhat intelligent person, and I still had to solve this the first time in MS 3.6 through pure trial and error.  Maybe I'm just a dumb Windows user after all, but I really feel the regex documentation on the web is sad.  That's not the MapServer documentation's fault, but still a real problem for me.

Thanks,
Dan