[Mapserver-users] joins not working in version 4.0?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Oct 27 13:28:13 EST 2003

They are working for me but they've not undergone extensive user
testing. Is this a one-to-one or one-to-many join? A only ask because
you show 2 lines in your example.

Steve

>>> Chris Storozuk <cstorozuk at shaw.ca> 10/24/2003 4:31:43 PM >>>
I am joining a layer with a DBF on the field "ID", and am seeing this
as a result of a query:

a.. Record 3663 (34): [[IDDBF]]
a.. Record 3663 (34): [[IDDBF]]

where IDDBF is the ID column in the DBF file. You can see from the
query template below that the ID and RGE fields from the shapefile are
coming across correctly, while the data from the DBF field is not
appearing:

----- join.html -----
<li> Record [ID] ([RGE]): [IDDBF]<br>

According to
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide, this
release was to have restored one-to-many processing.

My join template contains just the single line: [join_twps], where
'twps' is the NAME of the join.

Has anyone worked this out yet?

Also, if the fields in the layer and the DBF are named the same, how do
you differentiate the layer from the DBF field? Perhaps I am missing a
part of the syntax that points to the correct data...

Thanks,
Chris