[Mapserver-users] Point in polygon ?

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 28 11:18:08 EST 2003

Yes, this is already fully supported by mapserver. Just make your
polygons a layer, if you don't want to display them then make the
layer TYPE QUERY otherwise TYPE POLYGON and make sure you have a
TEMPLATE "mytemplate.html" defined and then do a point query for each
point and it will return the polygons that the point is in. You can
do this very easily with mapscript.

-Steve W.