[Mapserver-users] Re: Perl Mapscript Setup errors : tricky windows problem

Stephen Clark stephen.clark at focus.ca
Tue Oct 28 18:30:22 EST 2003

I am trying to get Perl Mapscript to work on Windows.

I was hoping someone might have some suggestions for a good set of setup
steps that will work on Win2k , Perl 5.8.0 and Apache 2..0.46

As far as the Cygwin setup :
I have installed Cygwin but cannot get any of the executables compiled under
cygwin to work with my Perl scripts.  I think it is the compile parameters
set in the Makefile that are the problem.
I believe there is a set of parameters that will compile executables for DOS
or i586 or the like but I do not know at this time.

If you have some suggestions I would be willing to try them out.

thanks,
Stephen