[Mapserver-users] SDE raster support?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Oct 29 14:10:30 EST 2003

Hi Folks: This is just one of many "to do's" out there. It's certainly not at
the top of the priority list. Paul's right in that I've not needed it at the DNR
nor has anyone payed for Frank to add it to GDAL. The one thing that
has changed in the last year is the total reliance on GDAL for raster data, so
even though there is native SDE vector support I would imagine that SDE
raster support should come via GDAL, but I could be convinced that keeping
it consistent is the way to go too.

Bottom line, it is not being worked on (to my knowledge) at this point. This
could be a great way for someone to add to the software though if they
wanted to take it on themselves. ;-) I'd be glad to help in any way I could.

Steve

>>> Oliver Wesp <wesp at gdv.com> 10/28/2003 10:52:15 AM >>>
I totally agree to what you say, and I my last sentence wasn't meant to
be taken seriously. I will use some smilies in the future. I just wanted
to say that this is nothing we need right know, we just been asked if
this functionality is currently available.  And I don't like to say no
unless I'm sure. Well I'm sure it's not available but I was interested
if there is anybody working on it or if anybody has any plans.  It's no
problem at all that this is not available but just in case our customer
is willing to pay for it, it would be good to know if it's better to pay
somebody who is working on it right know or to develop this by ourselves.

best regards
Oliver

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Oliver Wesp
Gesellschaft für geografische Datenverarbeitung