[Mapserver-users] problem displaying raster layers; GDAL?

Emilio Mayorga emiliom at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 30 14:59:13 EST 2003

I installed Mapserver 4 a few weeks ago. Every feature I enabled is
working great. I've loaded the Tutorial and the Workshop/Itasca demo,
and everything is working, EXCEPT raster layers. I've tried a number of
tests and different images, but I can't make it work. I've tried output
imagetype png24, png, and jpeg. RGB tiffs and simple 1-band tiffs as the
raster layer. Nothing.

When I include and display a raster layer in my map file, I get this
server error message:   "Premature end of script headers: mapserv40"

What's more strange is that when the file path to the tiff image is
incorrect, Mapserver just ignores rendering that layer, and does
everything else without an error message! That includes rendering a
KEYIMAGE associated with that raster layer.

This is my MS configuration:
MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
And how I configured GDAL:
./configure  --with-libz --with-png --with-libtiff=internal
--with-geotiff=internal --with-jpeg --without-jasper

I am running MS on RedHat 8, with Apache 2.

Thanks for your help!

-Emilio Mayorga