AW: [Mapserver-users] Whole lotta shakin' going on

Arnulf Christl CCGIS arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Sep 5 04:23:13 EDT 2003

Hi,
thats great news, congratulations. Could you share some information
concerning the hardware and architecture you are using. We have potential
users here who are very interested in using UMN MapServer but still fear
that performance might be a problem.
Its interesting right down to the details - whether to rather use
multiprocessor machines / which OS / amount of data served, etc.

We ourselves are more into vector graphics and use PostGIS with MapServer
where it is possible to distribute the load on several machines in a
distributed architecture. But we lack the know-how for serving real big
amounts of raster data (talking about terabyte).

Any information would be welcome.

Regards, Arnulf.