[Mapserver-users] writing new object to a Mapinfo TAB using php/mapscript and mapserver

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 8 10:25:03 EDT 2003

fx gamoy wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to write and save new objects (line or polygon) into a
> Mapinfo File using Mapserver and php/mapscript?
> Thanks
> fx

It's not possible to write to anything other than shapefiles using
MapScript.  However we have developed a PHP wrapper for the OGR C API a
little while ago that would allow you to do that.  The intention is to
make it available as open source but I haven't had the time yet to
package it for public redistribution.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca