[Mapserver-users] Newbie Complilation

Mark Rodrigo mark at markrodrigo.com
Mon Sep 8 14:41:50 EDT 2003

Hello all:

After working on the windows versions for about a half a year, I am finally
breaking into Linux and trying to do the compile. When executing the make I
get this:
gcc -c -02 -wall -Dignore_Missing_Data -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
 -DUSE_GD_FT -I/usr/local/include maptemplate.c -o maptemplate.o

and certainly a bunch more of them. This is mapserver 4.x on RH 8. I am
pretty sure all necessary libraries are there. I can definitely post more of
the message if necessary. Bottomline is my Mapserv won't execute. Does this
raise a basic  redflag to somebody. The archives were a little cryptic on
this one.

Thanks

Mark