[Mapserver-users] PHP/MapScript question: How to return values when map is clicked?

har mar shaz_bot42 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 16:05:26 EDT 2003

--0-1484845686-1063310726=:91993

Hello,

I am displaying a shapefile that contains states as a GIF.  I am not using javascript at all.  When the user clicks on the map, I want to return the name of the state that was clicked, and some other information that is in the dbf file.  How do I do this?  I can get the x,y coords by having the GIF set as an input type. I assume I will have to convert them to georef coords.  But I am unsure of what 'function' to use to get those results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

--0-1484845686-1063310726=:91993

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am displaying a shapefile that contains states as a GIF.&nbsp; I am not using javascript at all.&nbsp; When the user clicks on the map, I want to return the name of the state that was clicked, and some other information that is in the dbf file.&nbsp; How do I do this?&nbsp; I can get the x,y coords by having the GIF set as an input type. I assume I will have to convert them to georef coords.&nbsp; But I am unsure of what 'function' to use to get those results.&nbsp; Any help would be greatly appreciated. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Cheers</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>