[Mapserver-users] TEXT expression and MAPMYGIS

Alan Steremberg alans at wunderground.com
Fri Sep 12 01:49:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

I built a simple database with points, and a bunch of fields that will
eventually have weather data. (If you go to:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/San_Francisco.html  scroll to the bottom
and click on the MSN map, you will see what I am trying to build)

I would like to pull two fields out of the database, like:

f_ID and f_NEIGHBORHOOD

If i put it in the LABELITEM as above, it works and I get lots of weather
stations.  If i try to create the expression below, it just prints the
text ([f_ID],[f_NEIGHBORHOOD]) on the map without evaluating it.  The
other thing I don't understand is that it has to be TYPE ANNOTATION not
TYPE POINT.  what am I doing wrong?

LAYER
    CONNECTIONTYPE mygis
    NAME "pws"
    CONNECTION "g7:wui:Phishy:geodata:num"
    DATA "geometry from pws feature, pws_num geometry"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    #TYPE POINT
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELITEM "f_NEIGHBORHOOD"