[Mapserver-users] can I use different symbols in thesamedynamiclayer?

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Fri Sep 26 18:08:29 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:23:07PM +0000, Eric Bridger wrote:
> I'm concerned about this because of a planned upgrade to 4.0.
>
> What Vinko says is true when you want mapserver to draw your features
> based on a known data source.  But Frieso wants to draw dynamic points
> from an unknown data source using mapscript.  This is something I do
> repeatedly in Perl mapscript 3.6.  I define a generic point layer, with
> perhaps default settings, but then draw each point after setting the
> proper values on the fly. There is only one class in the layer and no
> CLASSITEM.

I do that in 4.0, without classitems (i mentioned that because
Fresio seemed to not understand well the layer and class model), just
creating new classobj's and styleobj's, as i wrote in the modified code
example, that is, creating new classes for each point that must be drawn
differently.

I never did the dynamic drawing with only one class (in 3.6 i also added
new classes), maybe with the addition of the styleObj the way the points
are drawn changed and they now respect the one class per way of drawing
'rule' :), maybe Daniel or Steve can enlighten us on this issue.

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl