[Mapserver-users] Problem with FreeType and Mapserver4

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Sep 29 14:19:09 EDT 2003

My guess is that you've got multiple versions of GD installed on your
system and you're not compiling with the version you think you are. This
is real common on Linux machines. Check in the usual places, especially
/usr/lib to make sure.

Steve

>>> "collao_andres" <collao_andres at hotmail.com> 09/29/03 11:05AM >>>
I have a great problem between mapserver4 and freetype.

I have compiled so much freetype, libgd with support for truetype and
to mapserver with support for truetype, but at the time of generating
a map with a LABEL in truetype it appears the following error:

msGetLabel():  libgd was not found with FreeType font support
in/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/funciones.php line 105

Somebody has some idea on this error.  Somebody has had some problem
installing mapserver4?  Is necessary to copy some lib*.so to some
specific folder that I could have omitted?