[Mapserver-users] WFS / curl error code 7 (couldn't create socket)

fheland at netcourrier.com fheland at netcourrier.com
Fri Apr 2 18:14:20 EST 2004

fheland at netcourrier.com wrote:
> Hi all, I get an error using WFS using mapserver41 :
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'IOWStations'.
> msWFSLayerWhichShapes(): WFS connection error. Got HTTP status -7 downloading WFS layer IOWStations
> msHTTPExecuteRequests(): HTTP request error. HTTP: request failed with curl error code 7 (couldn't create socket) for http://192.168.1.114/agentstruts/cgi-bin/mapserv_41.exe?map=d:/Tomcat4.1/webapps/agentstruts/mapservice/data/iow/htdocs/iow-wfs.map&
>
> The GetFeature request works well :
> http://192.168.1.114/agentstruts/cgi-bin/mapserv_41.exe?map=d:/Tomcat4.1/webapps/agentstruts/mapservice/data/iow/htdocs/iow-wfs.map&REQUEST=GETFeature&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0

I assume you mean that the GetFeature request works well whne tested in
a web browser?
Could it be that there is a firewall between your client app and your
WFS server?  That could explain why your browser can connect but your
MapServer can't.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca

Hi Daniel,
Yes the GetFeature works well in a web browser. Client & server are on the same box. I'm using Tomcat 4.1 and I've made a test with the same project on Apache and it works well ... I don't know what's going wrong with Tomcat !!!

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)