[Mapserver-users] WFS / curl error code 7 (couldn't create socket)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 2 15:07:52 EST 2004

fheland at netcourrier.com wrote:
> One more info, the curl command works (with tomcat & apache) on shell :

> The version of curl is :
> curl 7.11.1 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.11.1 zlib/1.2.1
> Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file
> Features: libz
>
> Which version of libcurl mapserver is using ?
> Is this could be the issue ?

MapServer doesn't come with its own version of Curl, it uses the version
of Curl that you have installed on your system.  We have used MapServer
with Curl 7.11.x without any problem.

I see that you use "curl -d/ ..." at the command-line ... why the "-d/"?
  Normally you should just call "curl <url>", e.g.

curl
"http://192.168.1.114/agentstruts/cgi-bin/mapserv_41.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/eden/eden/eden/data/neri/htdo
cs/neri-wfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature"

If you could explain why you use "-d/" that could possibly help us
understand the problem with MapServer.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca