[Mapserver-users] Win CE Version

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 5 09:32:22 EDT 2004

Dharani,

There is no support currently for vb.net. I am suggesting that you look
at SWIG or the C-API and that you build an interface for vb.net. I can't
help you much more than this suggestion as I am not familiar with the
Microsoft development environment. I am guessing that you probably want
to write a COM/DCOM wrapper to mapserver that you can access via vb.net.

It is unlikely that you can use PHP/Mapscript to do what you want
without getting very convoluted, but these might give you some examples
of how to integrate similar calls into vb.net or a COM object.

Sorry, I can't help with SWIG other than to suggest that it might be
worth looking to see it they have a mode for generating COM objects, in
which case it might be a useful tool.

There are other on this list that are much more knowledgeable about
Windows technology, SWIG, mapscript than I am. May be they will jump in
here and offer their suggestions. ;)

-Steve