[Mapserver-users] I'm getting a little frustrated...

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Apr 5 13:53:29 EDT 2004

Paul -

There's nothing wrong with raster support on Windows - it works just
fine.  Posting your MAP file would help, too.  Are you sure the raster
layer is enabled (STATUS DEFAULT) in your map file?

The biggest problem people have with raster data is that it is typically
projected, while much vector data is not.  That means you're mixing data
with two different coordinate systems in the same map.  That's perfectly
OK and MapServer can handle it just fine, but you need to accurately
describe the projection of each of your input data sets AND the desired
output projection so MapServer can figure out what to do.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.