[Mapserver-users] WMS requests.

Bob Basques bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Apr 5 16:26:19 EDT 2004

Swaminathan, Gayathri wrote:

>Bob:
>
>Your request should be,
>
>"http://dragonslayer.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/r
>aster/horizons_wms.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&layer=<layername>"

Ok, this :

    http://dragonslayer.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/raster/horizons_wms.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&layer=L5

Produced this as output:

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
    <!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
    "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/WMS_exception_1_1_1.dtd">
    <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
    <ServiceException code="LayerNotDefined">
    msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in
    the LAYERS parameter.
    </ServiceException>
    </ServiceExceptionReport>

Using the STATUS DEFAULT for all Layers, as well as Setting STATUS OFF
to all the other layers.

>For getting a specific layer.
>
>Since all your layers are tied to scale(s), you think that can be a
>problem?
>
>Also can you include one layer with no scale set...and see if that comes
>on?

Same results as the two above produced, which is:

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
    <!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
    "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/WMS_exception_1_1_1.dtd">
    <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
    <ServiceException code="LayerNotDefined">
    msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in
    the LAYERS parameter.
    </ServiceException>
    </ServiceExceptionReport>

Maybe I should go at this a different way, what's the minimum MAP need
to look like for a WMS layer?  I'll just try one LAYER out first and get
that working.

bobb

bobb