[Mapserver-users] thematic map

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Wed Apr 7 04:41:35 EDT 2004

Albert Garcia schrieb:
> hi all,
> i have a spatial information in shp files and text information in mdb files.
> i have a link between this informations (parcels in shp with geocode like
> 4528974 and the mdb file have information about this parcel and the same
> geocode). i need display each parcel with a different color depending the
> text information in the mdb. can someone help me?
> thanks all

Hi.

I don't know how your data look like and I'm not familiar with Access.
I'm also new to the mapserver and the related projects. I can tell you
two things that could work. But it's only the first thought. Perhaps
there are others who can tell you a better way.

1. Have you thought about joining the data from the mdb files to the dbf
of the shape files? Then you got the information you need in an easy
way. Although I know this isn't very nice and depends on how much data
you got to each item.

2. There is another possibility if you use the ogr libary. There you got
the support of odbc where you perhaps can access your data directly (SQL
statements(?)). According to this please look if ogr support is included
in your version.
But like I said I'm not familiar with that so I can't tell you more.
Sure there are others who can help you with that.

Regards,
Norbert