[Mapserver-users] Mapserver vs. CubeServ

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Apr 8 08:34:24 EDT 2004

I would suggest asking the people who told you that CubeServ could do
the job more effectively.  There are certainly some of us using
MapServer for what we would consider "huge" amounts of data, serving
lots of maps, and we're not complaining.  But CubeServ is a product with
many different capabilities, so there are certainly "huge" data jobs for
which MapServer would be a BAD choice (at least all by itself).

You could also go to http://www.cubewerx.com and get information from
them.  Since they're a commercial company you should easily find a sales
rep who can talk to you about your project and their products.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com