[Mapserver-users] Re: help installing mapserver with ming

Ian MacColl ianm at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Apr 11 10:52:29 EDT 2004

On 7 April 2004, Blaise wrote:

> I am stuck installing MapServer 4.0.1 with Ming (with linux Fedora
> Core 1).
> It seems that I managed to install Ming as I have the Ming support
> listed in my phpinfo page when I "dl php_ming.so" and I can run a few
> ming examples.
>
> But no way to build MapServer with ming (--with-ming).
> It gives me various error messages. I try to change a few things, but I
> still can't manage to have the "make" goes to its end.
>
> Anybody ever installed MapServer with ming ? Can somebody help me ?

I just tried this - I could be missing something, but I suspect it's
broken.

Looks to me like mapserver mapswf.c doesn't agree with ming's function
definitions, giving type clashes for SWFButton_addShape and
SWFMovie_add. Also, some other functions don't have the right number of
arguments.

I gave up (for now). Does anyone have ming working with mapserver?

Ian