[Mapserver-users] ColdFusion and MapServer

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 14 11:25:40 EDT 2004

I use CF and Mapserver together some as well. As you probably know, there is no CF based scripting for MapServer like there is for PHP, Perl, etc.

My use is more basic that what Héryk is doing, essentially it is my connection to the database and I primarily do two things with it.

1.  With a html or dhtml map interface, I will use a .cfm page as a query template.  When a user clicks on a feature on the map (query), a .cfm page is called that brings up data associated with that point or poly.

2.  On a .cfm page, when a user does a query on the database, I will use CF to build a http request to retreive a map from MapServer based on the returned data.

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

>>> "Julien, Heryk" <hjulien at nrcan.gc.ca> 4/14/2004 9:56:41 AM >>>
Hi,
I'm working with MS and Coldfusion. My site is not on line yet. Presently
I'm using session variables and a view manager to navigate in my WMS maps
(mapfiles with many WMS services), query data and get remote legends.
Sessions variables also help me to select the correct server when doing WMS
getfeatureinfo query on local and remote data. My web services are recorded
and described in a database (ex: map epsg, map extent, queryable layers ,
legends...).
I've added a some javascript in the map browser to make the interface more
friendly.
It's not perfect but it works okay.

However the code is complex and there are may session variables to consider.
We are rethinking the whole concept and considering replacing the present
interface with a simple QuickWMS interface and adding code for a
getfeatureinfo button.

Good luck
Héryk