[Mapserver-users] Raster Image Limitation

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Apr 15 10:03:04 EDT 2004

What are the particulars on the server?  Also, are you backing up to a
database, or is this solely the rasters?  (Sorry, I'm looking at it now,
but I've not had time to grok it all)... I'm thinking "Server" at this
point, as you're moving a lot of bits and thus have a lot of diskIO.

If you're talking 'bout a SCSI-based RAID5, you've got some of the
overhead covered.  If you're using a slow IDE disk, it's a lot worse.

Gerry