[Mapserver-users] Raster Image Limitation

Rene Teniere TENIERER at gov.ns.ca
Thu Apr 15 11:51:52 EDT 2004

Thanks Ed, I was hoping you would respond. We have a similar site
running ArcIMS and it is also slow, however, it does not crash when
trying to access the images (It uses MrSID's). What format are you
using, and what would you recommend?

Rene

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956

>>> "Ed McNierney" <ed at topozone.com> 2004-04-15 12:42:34 PM >>>
Rene -

If the problem crops up with the high-resolution data only (i.e. the
ECW
data) I would look to ECW first.  We certainly run several hundred
users
at a time on a database of several hundred thousand raster images and
have no problems like you report; we do not, however, use ECW.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.