[Mapserver-users] WMS style elements and SLD

uli uli.mueller at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 16 08:15:52 EDT 2004

>found it helpful. I have just performed a GetMap request to test it, and
>the style did not come through.

I face the same problem (even after I realized that I had to upgrade from MS
4.0.1 to 4.1 ;)
Maybe someone from DMSolutions could supplement the SLD documentation
(http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/Mapserver_SLD.html) with example mapfiles
for the WMS client and server part? Would be extremely helful!

BTW: with MS 4.1 it seems to be obligatory to specify LAYERS in the URL,
whereas in 4.0, the WMS server returned some default layers, if no layers
were specified in the URL. Is this a bug or a step towards more OGC
compliance? Personally, I liked the 4.0-way.

Thank you, Uli