[Mapserver-users] Mapserver permissions? {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Tue Apr 20 19:27:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

The httpd starts the mapserver program as the default apache user,
its name and group is usually apache:apache. You can find it in the
httpd.conf file.
The apache user must have execute permisson on mapserver program
for example
           owner  group
-rwx------ apache apache or
-rwxr-x--- anybody apache or
-rwxr-xr-x anybody anygroup

on the tmp directory apache must have write permission
-rwx------ apache apache or
-rwxrwx--- anybody apache or
-rwxrwxrwx anybody anygroup

Bye