[Mapserver-users] variable (proportionately) sized point data

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Apr 21 08:56:35 EDT 2004

Hello,

Can Mapserver display point data as point symbols that are proportionate
to a given value for each point ?

In other words, if I have a, for example, a shapefile with points (cities
for example) at the centroids of my spatial entities. Parallel to that I
have a list of population sizes for each city. Can Mapserver display
proportionate circles corresponding to the respective population sizes on
the fly, or do I have to create a vector or raster file with the
proportionate circles with an external program first and than display this
with Mapserver ?

Moritz