[Mapserver-users] Font and Rotation

steve ms57 at streamyx.com
Wed Apr 21 04:05:30 EDT 2004

My initial mapserver app. was using 3.5 and the layer description below
worked fine. It uses  a customized font with the roation angle derived from
an attribute in the shape file. However, when I maigrated all to the most
recetn mapserver *4.0 I think) a couple of things went wrong.

1. the colour was grey until user zoomed in very close.
2. the LABELANGLEITEM hung the application.

Question - my goal is to use a cutomized font that I'm able to rotate and
have an outline and a fill colour. Has there been any chnages to the way
mapserver 4.0 handles this issue?

Thanks, Steve

===From Map File====
LAYER
  NAME "SeaTide"
  DATA GPS
  GROUP "SeaTideGroup"
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS OFF
  LABELANGLEITEM "Angle"
   #CLASSITEM "Name"
  CLASS
    NAME 'SeaTide1'
    TEXT "A" # the text is actually the keyboard character that corresponds
to the symbol in the font
    EXPRESSION ('[Name]' eq 'SeaTide' AND [Posid] eq 1)
    LABEL
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FORCE TRUE
      FONT vessel