[Mapserver-users] Interoperability Day: Request for Live App URLs

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Apr 22 14:23:10 EDT 2004

Hi,
we just relaunched the Mapbender hompage (WMS Client Suite). There are a
few nice apps in the Gallery, some host a UMN MapServer.
http://www.mapbender.org

I didn't get around to linking them yet, therefore here's the list with
UMN MapServer engines connected by WMS:
http://www.zwischenwasser.at (follow the link to <Ortsplan>, better use
an IE)
http://www.liz-online.de/gi/ps/blattkrank/blattmoni.htm (with a little java)
http://wms.ccgis.de/mapbender/index.html (full fledged & with four
separate WMS indluded!)
http://www.bicc.de/gis/angola_confmap/ (basic D-HTML)
http://www.terrestris.de/maps/  (beware not all of them are working,
Till Adams is on hollidays :-)
http://www.terrestris.de/playground/ (select <Schweiz>, if you look hard
you will find a small littel red circle, it shows the current weather
data which is actualized by SMS from a mobile GSM module. This is a
great application but still a prototype)
http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender_wesseling/index.html (app is stable,
still working on the data)

I try to get the Mapbender gallery filled a little better soon, because
I know that besides those I know of there are a lot more sites outside,
but people don't seem to bother promoting them a lot.

Additionally you find a UMN_User map on
http://wms.ccgis.de
showing some places where people use UMN MapServer around here, but I
dunno whether they do WMS or not.

Comments welcome!

Regards, Arnulf.

Charlton Purvis wrote:

>Hi, Jeff:
>
>Are you only looking for Canadian URL's?
>
>And are you more interested in sites who act as OGC clients than those
>who are servers?  We're in a position of serving data via WMS and WFS
>but not grabbing any by the same protocols.
>
>Charlton

----------------------------
CCGIS Christl & Stamm GbR
----------------------------