[Mapserver-users] Problem Colouring Layers

Mahalakshmi Narayanan mhln25 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 03:30:19 EDT 2004

I think you are using MapScript 3.6.  In this we can
change the colours to only one of those which is
already present in the mapfile.  To find the colour
you can use this fn below which will find out the
index of the color that you want based on rgb values
passed,

function findindex($r,$g,$b)
 {

   $r1=(int) $r;
   $g1=(int) $g;
   $b1=(int) $b;

   for($i=0;$i<$customrange+3;$i++)
    {
     $col=$gpoMap->getColorByIndex($i);
      $tr=$col->red;
      $tg=$col->green;
      $tb=$col->blue;

      if(($r1 == $tr) && ($g1 == $tg) && ($b1 == $tb))
       {
         $in=$i;
         break;
       }