[Mapserver-users] OGR + DGN STYLEITEM "AUTO" config

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 26 12:27:20 EDT 2004

Schepel, Menno wrote:
>   LAYER
>     STATUS OFF
>     GROUP DGN
>     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
>     CONNECTION "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vinya\data\granollersv7.dgn"
>     NAME "Granollers"
>     TYPE Line
>     TOLERANCE 10
>     METADATA
>       WMS_TITLE "Granollers DGN"
>       WMS_SRS "EPSG:23031"
>       WMS_GROUP_TITLE "OGR-DGN Test Files"
>     END
>     PROJECTION
>       "init=epsg:23031"
>     END
>     CLASS
> 	COLOR 255 0 0
>     END
>     DUMP TRUE
>     TEMPLATE "templates/Granollers.html"
>     HEADER "templates/Granollers_header.html"
>     FOOTER "templates/Granollers_footer.html"
>   END
> I have found some examples of using MapInfo files in the forum and on the
> sites of MapServer and DM solutions, but until now I did not see an example
> using DGN. The manual is mentioning that it should be possible, however.
> What do I have to put in the symbol file in order that it will recognize the
> different styles used within the DGN?
> Is there someone who has some experience with this that they could share?
> Thanks,

Menno,

In general you should just be able to add STYLEITEM "AUTO" to your layer
definition, and perhaps remove your CLASS definition.  This should cause
MapServer to use the OGR style information.   There should not be any
changes to symbol files required.  I don't think any of the DGN autostyled
stuff uses symbols.

Best regards,