[Mapserver-users] Question about MapServer ' buffering' with IMGSHAPE/MAPSHAPE

Emil Zegers taatuut at planet.nl
Fri Apr 30 04:42:32 EDT 2004

At the moment I'm doing some research on using IMGSHAPE/MAPSHAPE for
'buffering' in Mapserver.

I'm working on a Mapserver CGI-BIN application (not MapScript) in which I
want to use buffering functionality by passing polygons through the URL with
IMGSHAPE or MAPSHAPE. These polygons will be build with DHTML javascript on
the client. As result I would like MapServer to return images with features
in the targetlayer selected.

Till now I have not been able to get results with IMGSHAPE or MAPSHAPE. I
guess the requests I send or not well formed.

Are there samples or docs available showing how to use IMGSHAPE/MAPSHAPE?

Best regards,

Emil Zegers