USGS Urban133 Ortho Imagery via WMS

Thomas Chesky thomaschesky at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 31 20:31:39 EDT 2004

Thanks. I found your previous, similar posting in the archive but could not make that work. I give it a try again. Do you perhaphs have a full map file, which works for you? Maybe something outside the layer tag breaks mine. I have WMS client/server support compiled and succesfully could load other layers from WMS server? I'll post my troubled map file once I tried it with your code below.

Thanks again

"Swaminathan, Gayathri" <gayathri at OU.EDU> wrote:
Hi Thomas:

Here is an example....

### OKC 2002 Ortho USGS-WMS ###
LAYER
 NAME Urban133
 GROUP Imagery
 TYPE RASTER
 STATUS ON
 MAXSCALE 500000
 OFFSITE 255 255 255
 CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
 CONNECTION "http://gisdata.usgs.net:80/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?SERVICENAME=133urban&REASPECT=false&REQUEST=map"
 #MINSCALE 500
 PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:4326" #WGS 84
 END
 TRANSPARENCY 20
 METADATA
  "NoID" "T"
  "wms_name" "UA_ORTHO_302_01"
  "wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
  "wms_format" "png"
  "wms_title" "USGS Urban Color Ortho 2002"
  "wms_group_title" "Imagery"
  "wms_style" ""
  #"wms_extent" "-123.12987 45.241726 -122.3584 45.75648"
 END

END

HTH,
Gayathri