AVI/MPEG for visualization over time..

Julien Demaria dem at ACRI-ST.FR
Fri Dec 3 03:21:18 EST 2004

Steve,

I use ffmpeg to do that : http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php

On Linux or Win32 (with cygwin) you should download last CVS version (cvs
-z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg),
  do ./configure (options ?); make; make install and then launch :ffmpeg -r
10 -i img%3d.jpg -f avi -vcodec msmpeg4v2 -qscale 5 -y anim.avi
to convert your img001.jpg, img002.jpg to AVI readable at least tested on
Win32.
-r 10 = 10 images/s
-qscale 5 = quality (1 = best, 31 = worse)
the output video has good quality and computing time and memory is very good !

Regards,

Julien